Planning your wedding is an exciting time. It also can be an incredible stressful time. While hiring a wedding planner can help alleviate a lot of that stress, some will still undoubtedly creep back in.
Here are a few of our personal tips that have helped us de-stress while planning our own weddings:
- Take a real beak: No, really. It’s possible. It doesn’t seem like it would be, but you CAN take at least a full week off from searching Pinterest late at night, sending out emails, making calls…it’s hard, but worth it.
- Reconnect with your fiancée: Think about what you want to do AFTER the wedding. Make fun plans (or even practical plans!) that have nothing to do with the wedding at all, but more about being together. Go to dinner. Go see a movie. Plan a date night like you had when you first got together.
- Take a spa day: Go with your significant other, your best friends or yourself – just taking yourself out of your current environment can do wonders. Let someone focus on YOU and let yourself clear your mind, even for a few hours.
- Sweat it out: Regular exercise will keep you in shape and reduce stress. Hello endorphins! Sign up for a class, a local race, or lace up and head outside. Working out helps keep you energized and focused while almost immediately lessening stress.
- Volunteer: Even if you just have the time to do this once, helping others takes us out of ourselves and puts the focus on doing good for someone else. Check out local soup kitchens, go to a pet rescue and offer to take the shelter dogs for a walk, or simply look to do one good deed as you go along your day.
Do you have any tips you’d like to add to this list? Send them our way and we will add them in!